For more than a decade, Donohoe Living Landscapes has been developing thoughtful, bespoke designs for high-end residences throughout British Columbia.
We are looking for our next Senior to Intermediate Landscape Designer/Landscape Architect to execute our custom residential designs with precision. You will contribute to a variety of high-end, one-of-a-kind projects throughout the province, and work directly with our clients, sub-contractors, and our passionate team.
Not only do we offer unique projects for you to put your signature design touch on, but we regularly take on special projects that benefit and involve our team in the community. You will play a key, hands-on role in the entire process of design to development, and be part of a quickly growing company. You will bring a strong technical skill set paired with exceptional design capabilities with a desire to deliver projects to a high standard. We are focused on finding the right calibre of candidate to join Donohoe who will propel complex projects forward -deeply passionate about horticulture, travel, and have an ecologically sound approach to planting design and installation practices.
A typical week:
- Collaborate with our landscape architects and designers on concepts and working drawings, with the intention to lead the development of our complex landscape designs in the near future;
- Work with our horticulturalist to produce our stunning planting plans;
- Join our project manager in ensuring the construction of our projects are properly executed;
- Collaborate directly with clients, contractors, and subcontractors to properly communicate design intent;
- Contribute to our ‘Pro Bono’ and 'Competition' projects;
- Bring your enthusiasm for landscape designs that push the boundary of what is expected.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years working as a landscape designer with a focus on custom, high-end design - passion for residential design a must, and experience a benefit;
- A diploma or degree in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Design;
- A tenacious attitude, with the desire to constantly bring unique and new ideas to the forefront;
- The management skills required to lead a small team of designers;
- A results-oriented mindset to meet and exceed client expectations and go the extra mile;
- Skilled understanding of Vectorworks preferred (or willing to switch from AutoCad) and Adobe Design Suite;
- Demonstrated experience with seeing a project through from permitting to final stages;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
What we offer:
- Attractive compensation reflective of the level of skill and value you bring. We are committed to providing a wage that will be encouraging for all suitable applicants. In addition we offer an employer-paid extended benefits package;
- A supportive environment with plenty of opportunities to advance your career;
- Work-life balance with flexible hours, and time limited to 40hrs/week maximum;
- A beautiful, centrally located office and convivial work environment where you are empowered to manage your work as you see fit.
We welcome everyone to apply!
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit. For more information on our company, please see our website at: www.donohoelivinglandscapes.com.
Donohoe Living Landscapes is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing: [email protected]