Position: Senior Landscape Architect
PFS Studio is a landscape architecture, urban design and planning firm committed to the creation of places and spaces that are informed by complex histories, ecologies and connections. With offices in both Vancouver and Toronto, our staff of 40 work on a wide range of projects, from coastal waterfronts and urban districts to memorials and rooftop gardens. Focusing largely on the public realm, we are continually developing new approaches to our work that centre reconciliation, equity, climate adaptation, ecology, beauty and joy. To contribute to a culture of learning and growth within the office, we work on competitions, interoffice research and collaborations with UBC, and some of the most complex projects in Canada and internationally.
We are seeking passionate, experienced landscape architects for our Vancouver office who are driven to excel and have fun along the way. The ideal candidate will have 7 - 10 years of experience (or more), and will have intuitive design skills, a strong background in built work and project management, a love of working collaboratively, a thorough understanding of contract documents and the ability to produce high quality, accurate working drawings.
- Professional degree in Landscape Architecture (or equivalent) from an accredited university;
- Membership or eligibility for membership with British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects (BCSLA)
- 8 – 10+ years of related experience
- Project Management experience on a variety of projects
- Drive to play a key role within an exceptional design practice
- Strong design and graphic skills that can be expressed in a variety of formats
- Display of leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that ensure effective interaction with clients, approval authorities and the public
- Experience in overseeing staff in the technical and creative execution of work
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking, as well as overseeing, the production of conceptual plans, diagrams, detailed design, contract documents, and construction administration
- Project Management
- Coordinating, running and participating in client meetings, public consultations and presentations
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package.
Application Requirements: Please forward PDF copy of resume and samples of work via email to the address below, attention Sara Chiesa. No phone inquiries please. We will contact suitably qualified applicants only if we wish to set up an interview.
Start Date: Immediately
ATTN: Sara Chiesa
1777 West 3rd Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia, V6J 1K7