TORONTO, OTTAWA, KITCHENER or OAKVILLE
WSP is seeking an experienced Landscape Architect to join our Ontario Landscape Architecture & Urban Design team. We are looking for a creative, collaborative designer with experience taking projects from concept to completion. We are an agile team and are currently working under a hybrid model combining in-person team collaboration days with a choice of office locations, including Toronto, Thornhill, Oakville, Kitchener, and Ottawa, while continuing to support work-from-home options. As a member of our design team, you will be contributing to a wide range of projects and be involved in all aspects of project delivery. Our team has a broad range of projects in our portfolio including local and regional parks, urban spaces and plazas, complete streets, multi-use trails, transit and transportation facilities and infrastructure, master planning, and ecologically based landscapes. We work collaboratively within our team and across disciplines and are looking for someone with a curious and accountable mindset, and thoughtful approach to design.
A day in the life:
- Work collaboratively with senior Landscape Architects and Urban Designers in project leadership, and help mentor junior team members;
- Collaboration in an interdisciplinary environment on a wide range of project types at a range of scales;
- Coordinating projects from planning and concept development through implementation;
- Report writing, proposal, and presentation preparation;
- Preparation of tender/construction drawings and documents;
- Participate and contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning opportunities.
- A Degree or Diploma in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, or Landscape Technology
- 7+ years of professional experience working in Landscape Architecture / Urban Design (early career professionals with strong, relevant work experience may also be considered)
- Keen understanding of project development, design development and construction documentation including, site design, planting design, site grading and construction detailing;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including the ability to quickly develop and articulate different design ideas and project concepts;
- Strong technical skills including proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work independently, show initiative, and contribute positively to a multidisciplinary team;
- A collaborative mindset and desire to find creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound;
The following qualifications are strongly desired:
- Full Membership (with Stamp) in the OALA, or eligible for membership within 6 months of hiring;
- Project coordination experience;
- Contract administration experience;
- A valid driver’s license to conduct site reviews and attend client meetings.
The following qualifications are considered an asset, but are not required:
- Proficiency in MicroStation, Civil3D, SketchUp, Lumion, Revit, Rhino and GIS.
- Design Build / P3 project experience;
- Experience in preparing specifications;
- ISA Certification.