Reporting to the Chief, Federal Design Approvals, the Senior Landscape Architect assists in the implementation of the federal approvals process and other statutory requirements under the National Capital Act. The individual reviews, analyses and prepares federal approval documents for proposals on federal lands, provides landscape architectural and urban design expertise and advice, including evaluation of projects, conducting site investivations and research, and prepares design analysis and presentation materials for the division.
EDUCATION: University degree from an accredited university in Landscape Architecture or another related field.
Must possess or be eligible for membership with the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects (OALA), l’Association des architectes paysagistes du Québec (AAPQ) or the Canadian Society of Landscape Architects.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of eight (8) years of experience holding progressively significant responsibilities in Landscape Architecture.
- Experience managing complex development projects:
- Including design and construction of new landscapes, heritage rehabilitations, utilities, services and engineering infrastructure, site/land development plans, security installations, and renaturalizations from the planning to the delivery phase; and
- In an environment of competing demands.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary complex development project teams.
- • Experience applying legislation, theories and principles to complex development plans and projects.
- • Experience providing strategic advice and briefings to clients, stakeholders and senior management related to complex development projects.