The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Temporary Full-Time Seasonal Outside Workers (Labourer 1)
Job ID: 2019392
$28.27 per hour
- Do you enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions & able to perform heavy manual work?
- Do you enjoy working in a collaborative environment & take pride in contributing to the success of the team?
- Do you pride yourself in displaying a strong work ethic & able to work with minimal supervision?
- Are you a self-starter who also possesses a positive and can-do attitude?
If so, we invite you to apply and be a part of our Temporary Full-Time Seasonal Outside Workers for Parks and Public Works Operations!
Our seasonal outside workers perform diversified manual work entailing physical effort and agility in performing semi-skilled construction and maintenance tasks for one of a number of operational departments such as Fleet Operations, Environmental Programs, Parks Operations, Roads & Construction, Water Services, and Sewerage & Drainage.
Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by education, training, and/or experience in Horticulture, Arboriculture, Irrigation, Construction & Maintenance, Equipment Operations, Landscape Construction, Turf Management, Paving, Shoring, and other related activities, plus a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence or higher with a clean driver’s abstract.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment. Applicants will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format). The closing date for Job ID: 2019392, Seasonal Outside Workers (Labourer 1) is 11:59 pm, on January 20, 2019.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of methods, practices, and/or procedures related to public works and parks maintenance and construction activities.
- Knowledge of driving techniques and rules of safe operation of equipment and vehicles used.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work, as well as safe work procedures, practices, methods, and materials involved in the work performed.
- Knowledge of municipal streets and traffic routes.
- Skill in the care and operation of a variety of power and hand tools, materials, and equipment used in the work.
- Ability to handle various classes of special waste/dangerous goods.
- Ability to drive in non-standard areas and to safely maneuver vehicle under non-standard driving conditions.
- Ability to plan and organize own workload and the ability to initiate operational adjustments based on service needs.
- Ability to work with others and be able to use common courtesy, tact, and diplomacy in maintaining working relationships.
- Ability to carry out oral or written instruction, take direction from a supervisor, and exercise some independent judgement and action in processing assignments.
- Ability to interact effectively and courteously with the public and project a positive image of the City at all times.
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to lift, carry and push in excess of 20kg (45 lbs) on a regular and/or repetitive basis.
- Ability to successfully pass a Police Information Check.