Many things happened in the year 1964
1. The Beatles break almost every billboard chart record in the book and appear on the Ed Sullivan Show twice in one month
2. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr receives the Nobel Peace Prize
3. G.I. Joe was developed as an action figure
4. The world’s first high speed rail network opens in Japan
5. Civil Rights Act of 1964 is signed into law by President Johnson
6. First Ford Mustang is manufactured
7. Buffalo Wings were invented in Buffalo, New York
8. And Elizabeth Taylor finally marries Richard Burton
And here in British Columbia, a very smart group of individuals established a society dedicated to the health of the public, the well-being of our environment and the overall enjoyment of our community began. We will celebrate that anniversary of that inauguration, with our friends and all the landscape architecture community of British Columbia on April 20, 2024 at the beautiful Vancouver Marriott Downtown Pinnacle Hotel.
60th Anniversary Celebration - Diamonds in Design: Celebrating 60 Years of Landscape Architecture in BC
- BCSLA and the Professional Governance Act Webinar (hybrid)
- Showcase of Products and Services
- 2024 Annual General Meeting
- BCSLA 60th Anniversary Reception - Diamonds in Design: Celebrating 60 Years of Landscape Architecture in BC
We welcome this opportunity to invite you to participate in the BC Society of Landscape Architects Annual General Meeting, Showcase of Products and Services and 60th Anniversary Celebration - Diamonds in Design: Celebrating 60 Years of Landscape Architecture in BC.
- 2024 Diamonds In Design Showcase of Products Information Package (after February 29, 2024)
2024 BC Land Summit
Join us for our 2024 conference the interdisciplinary 2024 BC Land Summit - Collaborations & Connections - from May 8 - 10, 2024, at the Vancouver Island Conference Centre in Nanaimo, BC. As a founding Member of the BC Land Summit Society the BCSLA foregoes our annual conference and collaborates with the five professional land use organizations to share ideas and solutions. Held every five years, the BC Land Summit is the premier collaborative conference providing interdisciplinary networking, education, professional development, and training opportunities for professional practitioners in fields related to land and land-use in British Columbia and beyond.
Get a preview of the valuable insights awaiting you at the 2024 BC Land Summit by tuning into our informative webinars.
Questions? If you have any questions about the BC Land Summit please contact the BCSLA offices
Following a review of the 2022 BCSLA Post Conference Survey results BCSLA volunteers have reviewed all of the comments and did their utmost to incorporate many of the observations into the planning of this great conference.
Follow the links below to view the recordings:
- Nature In Practice Landscape Architects Creating A Better Future For All, Dr. Colleen Mercer Clarke
- Reconciling People And Places: Landscape Architecture And Ipcas, Eli Enns
- 2023 BCSLA and the Professional Governance Act Webinar (One CE credit for the recorded session)
KEYNOTE – Dr. Colleen Mercer Clarke
Nature In Practice Landscape Architects Creating A Better Future For All
KEYNOTE - Eli Enns
Reconciling People And Places: Landscape Architecture And Ipcas (Indigenous Protected And Conserved Areas)
2023 BCSLA and the Professional Governance Act Webinar
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The 2023 AGM was held on May 13, 2023 at the Paradox Vancouver Hotel. The 2023 AGM served to review: directors and committee reports 2022 financial statements, to appoint auditors/accountants for 2023, to elect directors and officers to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting and other business, as required.
Showcase of Products & Services and Program Support
Thanks to the exhibitors and delegates who made the Showcase of Products and Services a big success. The exhibitors showcased their latest products and services to the delight of delegates. Congratulations to Scott Murdoch, MBCSLA who won the Showcase of Products Challenge. He was provided with $1,000 in Visa gift certificates and a complimentry registration for the 2024 BC Land Summit ($550 value).
The BC Land Summit will be held in Nanaimo, BC from May 8-10, 2024. Held every five years, the BC Land Summit is the premier collaborative conference providing interdisciplinary education, professional development, training and networking opportunities for professional practitioners in fields related to land and land-use in British Columbia.
Archive AGM Reports (PDF)
2020 - No Meeting